Geoff Brown is the Lib Dem Cornwall Council candidate for Newquay Central and Pentire.
For over 10 years, Geoff has served as the Cornwall Councillor for Newquay Central. He is currently cabinet portfolio holder for Transport at Cornwall Council and has worked to bring a raft of transport improvements to the town including the first early trains leaving from Newquay for twelve years and a refurbished bus station.
Geoff said: “I am delighted to have been selected to stand for election to represent residents of my home town which I love. If elected I promise to give the same dedication and commitment and listen to and protect all residents, as I have for the past 14 years.”
All change for Cornwall Council division boundaries
Thanks to boundary changes which come into effect for the local elections in May the old Newquay Central division will come together with a large part of the former Newquay Pentire division to form the new Newquay Central and Pentire Division. Geoff Brown will be the the Lib Dem candidate for the new division. Current Pentire Cornwall Councillor Joanna Kenny is the candidate for the new Newquay Porth and Tretherras division.
Joanna Kenny said: "Geoff Brown has already proven himself to be an excellent Cornwall Councillor for the residents of Central and I have every confidence he will prove to be the same for the residents of Pentire." I will be voting for Geoff in May and I hope all of the Pentire residents who supported me in the past will do the same."
Geoff's Record of Action
As local Cornwall Councillor and portfolio holder for Transport at Cornwall Council Geoff has:
- Delivered a new £16m fleet of ‘green’ buses, with charging points, wifi and contactless payment
- Introduced the first early trains leaving Newquay for twelve years and an upgraded allowing two trains to run at once, shortly this will mean an hourly service
- Provided new bus stops with real time information
- Refurbished Newquay bus station with a help desk, customer services and new toilets
- Worked hard to ensure a £17m investment in the Saints Trail which will create a safe cycling and walking route from Newquay to Perranporth
- Focused on creating short stay parking in town to encourage footfall for local shops as well as introducing the first ever Cornwall wide free after 4pm parking scheme
Geoff is currently working with local residents to introduce ‘residents only’ parking schemes in areas such as Ennors Road.